Monday, September 5, 2011

53/101 | Spaghetti & Meatballs

It never fails. Whenever I have a big project due, I always find a reason to put it off. I don't really procrastinate like I used to - I just find something else to to that's way more pressing.

For example, I might make it a priority to clean the kitchen from top to bottom, including going through all the goodies in the cupboards. Or maybe I'll decide that today is the day to alphabetize our DVD collection and rearrange all the items displayed in our built-ins. Or perhaps I'll insist on going through the junk drawer... the one that's been sitting happily in disarray for three (or more) years.

One of my favourite things to do when I'm, erg, not procrastinating, is to cook. I can simultaneously feel productive and domestic. It doesn't get any better than that.

I've been craving spaghetti & meatballs for a while now and watching a recent episode of Chef at Home motivated me to try a new recipe. I normally don't like a lot of filler in my food but Michael Smith's tip to soak breadcrumbs in milk to add moisture to the meatballs caught my attention. Happy comfort food! Yum!

  © 2012 | Lesley Wong Photography | All rights reserved.

Back to TOP