Friday, October 22, 2010

53/101 | Lavender Gourmet Seasoning

Alright, I admit it. I love to cook and I especially love to eat but I've been culinarily lazy lately. I used to play around with new ingredients and new recipes all the time. I miss that. Since I didn't want to fall into the same cooking rut today, I decided to whip something up using the new Lavender Gourmet Seasoning we picked up at the Ali'i Kula Lavender (AKL) farm in Maui. I fell in love with this product the moment I held it up to my nose and took a tentative sniff. It was drool inducing! At $15 per tin, it's a little pricey and I don't normally like to purchase spice mixes as I prefer to make my own. But I couldn't get the scent out of my mind.



This evening, I cooked with this seasoning for the first time and let me just say that the results were tremendously delicious. I can't take credit for it but I can still share it! I simply sprinkled the seasoning (and only the seasoning) on a bunch of chicken drumsticks, browned them in a frying pan with a little vegetable oil, and finished cooking them in the oven for 30 minutes at 350ยบ. Easy peasy.



To be honest, I couldn't taste the lavender - it is the last ingredient after all - but I didn't care. If you want to try it, don't want to order it online, and are interested in attempting to make your own lavender seasoning blend, here are the ingredients: Dill, Thyme, Tarragon, Onion, Pepper, Sage, Brown Sugar, Parsley, Garlic, Rosemary, Kukui Nut, Basil, Hawaiian Sea Salt, and Lavender.

Happy eating!

  © 2012 | Lesley Wong Photography | All rights reserved.

Back to TOP