Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Walk in High Park

I've been waiting and waiting for cherry blossom season. To be quite honest, I've never seen cherry blossom trees - in fact, I didn't even know what they looked like. Yet this year, I was obsessed with seeing them because I've heard so much buzz about them. I think what fascinates me is how short the blossoms remain in bloom - procrastinate for just 1 week, sometimes 3 to 4 days even, and you will have missed them. Imagine that.

So this year, when I suggested to Vince that we go to High Park to see the cherry blossoms, I was pleasantly surprised that he wanted to see them too. Perhaps he was intrigued by our trip to Japan last year or perhaps he just wanted to go to the park. Whatever the reason, he agreed without me having to convince him. Hurrah!

It was an absolutely perfect day to explore High Park. There were groups of families and friends everywhere - flying kites, having picnics, climbing trees, taking photos, laughing, smiling, sharing, and enjoying the sunny day. Plus the cherry blossoms were in full bloom!









Since it was a lazy Sunday, we took a little rest on the grass before exploring more of the park. There is something about lying on the grass in a park that is slightly addictive. As I lay there, I kept picking up my camera to capture images... of the blue sky peeking through the wood fence beside me and the little heart formation that I thought I saw in the clouds.





As we explored the rest of the park, we came upon even more cherry blossoms, more and more people, the little pond, various birds, and a lovely mix of pretty plants. It was the perfect Sunday for a walk in High Park plus I can now finally say that I've seen cherry blossoms. Up next... plan a return trip to Kyoto so we can see them on Philosopher's Walk! :)



















  © 2012 | Lesley Wong Photography | All rights reserved.

Back to TOP