Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Wanderings... Arizona and Nevada

It's been a few weeks since our trip to WPPI in Las Vegas but it's never too late to share a few photos. Okay, I'm actually about to share many many photos. Arizona and Nevada, the very tiny parts that we saw, were beautiful. I wanted to call out numerous times to Vince to pull over so I could photograph random cacti or dirt roads but we were on a tight timeline to see the Hoover Dam, Route 66, and the Grand Canyon in one day's time. Plus he doesn't like it when I tell him to stop unexpectedly in traffic. So instead of asking him to stop, I hinted at it by saying that we should take a photography road trip one day and stop anywhere we please. He didn't get the hint but he did agree to the road trip. No idea when or where this will be but would anyone care to join in on the fun? I'm tentatively thinking of around 2 weeks of driving, stopping whenever we please, photographing anything remotely interesting, eating disgustingly greasy food, staring at the stars, snacking in the car, playing silly word association games, and listening to all kinds of music... all the while singing along of course.



Here are some of our photos, beginning with the Colorado River Bridge (aka the Hoover Dam Bypass Bridge), which was under construction at the time. These two images are among my favourites. I love bridges and I was happy we got to see this one when it had a big piece still missing. I don't think I've ever seen a new bridge under construction so this was very exciting for me.



Not sure what we were doing but we spent way too much time at the Hoover Dam. It was just so darn sunny that we didn't want to go back in the car.



After a few hours of driving, we stopped in Seligman. I'm so glad we did because it is such a quaint little town. The people are adorable and so NICE! We stumbled upon this town because I had decided that it looked like the ideal spot to check out Historic Route 66 when I was doing my research on Google Maps. So basically we lucked out.





Then to my favourite place on Earth right now - in fact, I'm currently obsessed with going back, hiking below the rim to the Colorado River, and spending two nights in the canyon. Maybe next year? During this brief visit, Vince and I arrived at the canyon right before sunset and, while we didn't have enough time to get to a good spot to watch the sunset, we saw the canyon gradually change colour from deep red to dusky blue.









After spending the day in Arizona, we headed back to Vegas for the rest of the week. We had a packed schedule and the time just flew by! Here are some of my favourite photos of Sin City.

























  © 2012 | Lesley Wong Photography | All rights reserved.

Back to TOP