Sunday, February 14, 2010

Be Mine



Part of me has always enjoyed Valentine's Day. Sure, the commercial aspect is a bit much, but I love chocolate, pink, and hearts so you won't hear me complaining most of the time. I also like to celebrate pretty much anything - I'm sure I've even celebrated Anti-Valentine's Day in the past - thus, this quasi-holiday draws me in just a little.

This year's VD is kinda neat - not only does it fall on a long weekend because it's so close to Family Day, but it's also Chinese New Year, and Vince and my first as husband and wife. However, when we woke up this morning, I wasn't thinking about hearts and hugs at all. We had slept in and I was super groggy so I just wanted to brush my teeth and splash some water on my face. Then when I came out of the bathroom, Vince had vanished. Poof!

About half an hour later, he returned... with red roses and a heart-shaped box of Turtles and my favourite all-consuming Starbucks addiction - Soy Tazo Chai Latte. Gaaaaah! Cliché I know, and you're probably all gagging up your conversation hearts right now, but I was so pleased. Annnd, not only that but he had actually already bought me a gift. As I was transferring the flowers into a vase, he pulled out a small tote bag containing tights and pants from Lululemon. It meant a lot that he already had something for me but still made the effort to go out on a cold Sunday morning to pick up all the stereotypical VD extras.

Now, I'm settling in for a reaaally lazy day, watching the Olympics and gorging on Turtles. Then I'm going for dinner with my in-laws. It's definitely a great day - no, a fine weekend - for love. Happy Valentine's Day everyone.

  © 2012 | Lesley Wong Photography | All rights reserved.

Back to TOP