Friday, January 8, 2010

A Little Celebration

I'm feeling happy on many fronts today:

1) It's Friday.
2) My belly is full from a delicious sushi dinner... delivery of course since it's way too cold to go outside. Yes, I'm a major winter wimp.
3) Vince and I have been married for 5 months as of today (woohoo!).
4) I feel renewed about my 365 project.

It's pretty sad but, 3 days into the project, I had already started taking the easy route for my daily photos. My excuses? It was too cold; I was tired; it was better to take a crappy photo than no photo at all. But my excuses didn't amount to much because I soon realized that I can easily take nice photos indoors all bundled up in my sweater and uggs, that I was spending way more time lamenting over and trying to fix my point-and-shoot photos, and that taking crappy photos really bothers me.

So I admitted that my photos for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday were not up to par and I promised to do better. For today's image, I decided to photograph Vince and my wedding rings in honour of our 5 months of being husband and wife!

[Gear Notes: In case you are interested, I used my 7D paired with the EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM lens (non-IS). I hardly ever use this lens anymore but it's one of my favourites. It is tack sharp, focuses quickly and accurately, and makes magnificent images. I show my EXIF data on Flickr in case you want more technical details - just click on the photo to go to my Flickr set.]

Here is the image I chose for Day 8:



(365:2010 Project - Day 8: Fri Jan 08)

Below are a few outtakes that I also loved but did not choose for my 365:



  © 2012 | Lesley Wong Photography | All rights reserved.

Back to TOP