Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Guatemala - Travel Portraits



For my first post, I want to share one of my favourite images from one of my favourite places of all time.

In October 2007, Vince and I joined a Global Village trip to Guatemala with Habitat for Humanity. We had the amazing opportunity to visit a local school in El Progreso and the children touched our hearts with their warmth and beauty. My favourite portrait depicts 3 happy children in the schoolyard. Despite a language barrier, I really bonded with the little girl on the leftmost side of the image. She and I stuck together like glue as I continued to document my experience… she was affectionate, sweet, and utterly adorable. This was truly an experience of a lifetime.

I am so grateful for photography. I thrive on capturing key moments in life. I am passionate about the beauty in art.

(Click on the image to visit my Flickr set for more Guatemala images.)

  © 2012 | Lesley Wong Photography | All rights reserved.

Back to TOP